Tuesday 15 January 2013

Create-a-Caption: ‘Are you sure the comet’s visible tonight?’

"... because I don't see anything, Paul."

"I mean, it's supposed to be, Hakim. I read some story a couple of weeks back about how 2013's going to be the best year for comet-spotting in, like, forever."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you're going to be able to see comets, like, every day. It's only on certain days."

"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure it means we can just look up and see them."

"No, I'm definitely sure. Also, why are we doing this now. Weren't we just doing something else? And aren't we inside?"

[Rajon Rondo slices through the Charlotte Bobcats defense, past Paul Pierce and Hakim Warrick, for two of his 17 points in a 100-89 Celtics win]

"VETERAN SAVVY!"

"Man, I open up to you about how much I love stargazing and this is how you repay me? You're a jerk, Paul."

/fin

Best caption wins a missed train to Mars that results in the counting of stars. Good luck.

In our last adventure: I kind of can't wait to see this new buddy comedy starring NBA referee Leon Wood and the Utah Jazz Bear.


Winner, Men of Honor: One of these is an NBA ref; the other is a league sponsored puppet. Try your best to find who is who.

Runner-up, Impartialdisturber: Commissioner Stern quickly reminds Teen Wolf he'll need a year of college first.

Second runner-up, Jerry Wu: And this bear was juuuuust right.

A Special Commendation in Ruling, Ursine Puns Division, goes to both Ndalum93 and EJ, who crafted the following string of zings:

Ndalum93: This bearly qualifies as news!
EJ: yikes
Ndalum93: Why the thumbs down? I don't want any trouble bruin ...
EJ: Because it was unbearably corny

Aaaaaaaand scene. Very nicely done, bros. No-prizes for both of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment