Thursday 14 February 2013

LeBron James responds to Michael Jordan’s pick of Kobe over him

OKLAHOMA CITY – LeBron James isn't worried about getting Michael Jordan's approval, which is sure to add more fodder to the LeBron vs. Michael debate that's picked up steam of late due to James' impressive run of 30-point games and a collective media celebration of all things Jordan as his 50th birthday approaches Sunday.

In an interview with NBATV, Jordan said if given a choice, he would pick Kobe Bryant over James. While Jordan said it would be a tough choice, he added that "five beats one every time I look at it," referring to Bryant's five championships with the Los Angeles Lakers versus the one title James won with the Miami Heat last season.

James' response at shootaround Thursday, as the Heat prepare for their showdown with the Thunder:

"It doesn't matter to me. If you take Kobe one and I go second, it doesn't matter. I don't get too involved in what guys say about me or if you take Kobe or if you take LeBron. As long as I'm on the floor and I make plays for my teammates, I don't do what I do for other people's approval."

Other popular content on Yahoo! Sports:
Olympic 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius charged with murder
Jadeveon Clowney should challenge NFL's 'three-years-out' rule
Is clock ticking on UNC-Duke rivalry?
Bobcats eager to trade Ben Gordon after incident with coach



No comments:

Post a Comment